Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Whole of Me, Katya Harris, in Sexy Librarian's Big Book of Erotica



Everyone, and I do mean everyone, has talked about the little library cards inside the book, and I'm going to as well, because they're really nifty! Each card is like one of those old paper card catalog you used to find in libraries back before the 90's and everything moved to microfiche and then to computers. I kinda miss those old cards.... they gave you a lot of details in a small amount of space and let you pick out new ideas.

The cards in Sexy Librarians serve the same purpose; letting you sift through the book to find just what you're looking for, right now.

I've read a lot of the other reviews and seen the stories that appeal to other readers, so I'm going to talk about one in particular that I favored: The Whole of Me by Katya Harris. I'd never heard of this writer before, but her appealing little sci-fi story really got me. I felt a lot of sympathy for the main character, but then, the secondary character really got me. Because I know just what that's like, discovering that the Whole of You isn't what someone else actually wanted.

Clara is dying of cancer, and her husband, Shaun, wants to hold onto those memories as long as possible. He downloads her into his mind so that he can keep her with him. But little does he know that memories make us what we are, make us who we are, and Clara eventually comes back, as a fully autonomous person, inside Shaun's mind...

Brilliant, unsettling, and extremely hot, The Whole of Me is a story that's going to stick with me for quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment