Friday, March 28, 2014

So... Vampires.



Blood Sight came out today.

Well, technically, it came out late last night, but by the time I got the email, I was already in bed and I didn't feel like limping back up two flights of stairs. (This crazy weather is killing me!)

Why vampires?

You know, the first rated R movie I ever saw was Lost Boys. One of the first horror novels I read was Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot. (not the very first, that would be Amityville Horror, which started me on a long path of scary novels....)

My senior year of high school, I wrote a 10-page thesis paper on Vampires.

It's a bit of an obsession. And I've always thought vampires were way sexy... I remember harboring a huge crush on Chris Sarandon in Fright Night.

I might have based the sex scene at the end of Blood Sight off this imagery 

But, of course, we all know that Twilight's done a lot (both good and bad) for vampires in fiction. And I wanted to do something different. Thus was born Rachael, a sarcastic and hard-headed heroine who's not at all susceptible to the Vampire's unique powers of glamour and seduction...

I was over it. I would be over it. Sleeping with vampires was so last decade. It was a phase, and it was as gone and as dead as Marcus should have been back when Rome was the most fearsome civilization on the planet.

Anyway, this is the last of my publishing blitz for a while (altho I did get another acceptance in my inbox today! Yay!) The rest of my stories are shorts and none are due out for a while. Thanks for bearing with me while I dumped a ton of stuff on y'all all at once...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again!!! Sorry for my very brief appearance at the Facebook event--yesterday was sort of a not-happening for me. And yay for new acceptance :)

    ReplyDelete